Jim McKenzie is a skilfull sculptor from the US. He made this cute and yet haunting maket of a scarecrow. It is all part of his solo exhibition called “Lost Magic”.
“The Scarecrow” documents the complete step by step process of creating a character starting from a simple sketch in 2014 to a fully developed gallery show piece in 2016 debuting at Jim McKenzie’s “Lost Magic” at Copro Gallery. (Material- Magic Sculpt epoxy clay)
1) Q- What material is the clay you’re sculpting with? A- Magic Sculpt, it’s a two part epoxy clay. Works great!
2) Q- What is the foam material? A- Floracraft Styrofoam that you can get at Michaels
3) Q- What tools are you using to chip away at the sculpture? A- I use Dremel rotary tools. You can get different sized heads for specific detailing.
4) Q- What is the name of the song? A- We wrote the song specifically for this video and it’s called The Scarecrow.
5) Q- Where can I buy a scarecrow? A- All scarecrow busts have been sold out but you can purchase the actual Scarecrow piece from the film here: http://www.copronason.com/jim/
6) Q- Will there be a film made out of this? A- You’ll have to wait and see 😉
7) Q- Where can i get a print of the scarecrow? A- We currently have a 4 large prints left here: http://www.copronason.com/jim/ There may be smaller and more affordable versions coming in this December.
8) Q- Will there be toys of this character? A- YES! In the coming months 🙂
9) Q- Do you work for Tim Burton? A- No. I work at Aardman Nathan Love in New York as a director.
10) Q- Can we share this video on our page? A- Sure! It’s the internet. But be sure to properly credit everyone involved.
11) Q- How can we contact you in regards to serious job inquiries? A- Info@Jimmckenzie.net
For more art go to: http://jimmckenzie.net
To Purchase Scarecrow Designer Toys – http://www.toyqube.com/
To Purchase other art: http://jimmckenzie.bigcartel.com/
To Purchase Original Sculptures: http://www.copronason.com/jim/